Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Jean Fuller Anderson papers , 1978-1990
Overview of the Collection
- Anderson, Jean Fuller
- Jean Fuller Anderson papers
- 1978-1990 (inclusive)19781990
- 0.5 linear feet, (1 container) : 1 manuscript box
- Collection Number
- Coll 312
- Jean Fuller Anderson is an American educator and publisher who taught courses on women and media at Oregon State University and focused her work on economic equity for women. The collection contains materials related to Anderson's teaching and her work related to economic equity for women, particularly the Economic Equity for Women Conference, 1987-1989.
University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives
1299 University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
- Additional Reference Guides
See the Current Collection Guide for detailed description and requesting options.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) administered through the Oregon State Library.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Jean Fuller Anderson is an American educator who focused her work on economic equity for women. Along with her partner Ellen Nichols, Anderson founded the non-profit organization Economic Equity for Women, Inc. She was president of the National Federation of Press Women Oregon affiliate and founder of In Unison Publications and In Unison magazine.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection includes materials related to courses on women and media taught by Anderson at Oregon State University beginning in the late 1970s. Anderson co-taught courses with Judy Carlson that would eventually become part of the Women's Studies program. Materials include syllabi, course readings, and correspondence to guest speakers for the course. In addition, the collection contains three folders of materials related to Anderson's work for the Economic Equity for Women Conference held annually from 1987 to 1989. These include minute meetings, budgets, and conference programs. The last two folders of the collection are copies of the magazine In Unison: Issues for Oregon's Contemporary Woman, the name of which was later changed to Women In Unison. The magazine was published from 1987-1990.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|Guide to the Jean Fuller Anderson papers|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Mass media and women--United States
- Pay equity--United States
- Women educators--Oregon
- Women's periodicals
- Oregon State University--Faculty