- Atonement Lutheran Church (Billings, Montana)
- Atonement Lutheran Church, Billings, Montana, Records
- 1964-2012 (inclusive)19642012
- 1 file, ( )
- Collection Number
- OPVELCA7a3_61 (collection)
- Collection contains the records of Atonement Lutheran Church in Billings, Montana.
- Pacific Lutheran University, Archives and Special Collections
Archives and Special Collections
Pacific Lutheran University
12180 Park Avenue South
- Access Restrictions
Collection is available for research
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.Processing funded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Atonement began on March 8, 1964 as a mission congregation of the ALC with 229 charter members.
On March 15, 1964 the church was dedicated and a new parsonage was built on the church property in 1967.
The church underwent a refinancing program in 1970 with the sale of Loan Certificates which enabled the church to pay the American Mission in full.
In 1972 a building expansion plan was begun and a new sanctuary which was attached to the original small building was dedicated. In 1978 more space was needed and 10 classrooms were added to the church plant. The congregation has allowed other denominations to use their facilities. There has been quite a growth in the population in the community of the Heights. The congregation now has 475 families with 1000 confirmed members.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This folder includes a booklet from the dedication of the new sanctuary in 1976, a congregational historical record, and a letter from Milton Nesvig.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Archives and Special Collections Department at Pacific Lutheran University. Copyright resides with the creator of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to the University Archivist. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder
From the Atonement Lutheran Church, Billings, Montana, Records, OPVELCA7a3_61, Archives and Special Collections, ELCA Region I Archives, Pacific Lutheran University, 12180 Park Avenue South, Tacoma, WA 98447
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Transferred to ELCA Region I Archives. .
To search and view digitized images of congregations, visit our Digital Assets Website
Nesvig, Swanson, Nordquist, Emerson New Partners. Old Roots.Tacoma (Wash.)ALC, LCA, and ELC1986
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Morgenstern, Mark R.
- Nelson, Michael J., 1984-
- Olson, Merville, 1980-
- Slehofer, Katherine M.
- Matulevich, Mary E.
- Hurd, Jean Larson, 1981-1984
- Mars, Howard W., 1969-1980
- Novak, Edward L., 1963-1969
- Ophus, David, 1978-1981
- Quam, Robert L., 1975-1978
- American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions
- American Lutheran Church (1961- )
- Evangelical Lutheran Church -- Montana Synod
- Evangelical Lutheran Church--History
- Billings (Mont.)