- Rose, Donald
- Oral History Interview with Donald Rose
- circa 1979 (inclusive)19791979
- 1 transcript.
- Collection Number
- SPC 980-0108 (collection)
- The Oral History Interview with Donald Rose consists of a 19 page transcript of an oral history recorded by Dr. Joseph Franklin. The interview is part of the Inland Northwest Black History Collection.
- Eastern Washington University
Archives and Special Collections
Archives & Special Collections
Eastern Washington University Libraries
320 Media Lane - 100 LIB
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Donald Rose was born in New Bedford, Massachusetts. From 1952-56, he was stationed at Fairchild Air Force Base. After his discharge, he married and earned an accounting degree at Kinman Business University. Rose married Francell Hagin on April 26, 1956. At the time of the oral history interview (circa 1979), Rose was an accountant in the Paulsen Building.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This collection contains an interview with Donald Rose. In the interview, Rose discusses his experiences as an African American man living in Spokane during the 1950s and 1960s. The interview covers topics such as housing segregation, racial discrimination, black-owned businesses, and changing perceptions of African Americans.
This collection is part of the Inland Northwest Black History Collection. See "Related Materials" note for related collections.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Use of this collection is subject to the rules concerning access to archival and manuscript collections at Eastern Washington University. For more information, see: http://www.ewu.edu/Library/Services/Archives.xml
Copyright restrictions may apply. For more information or permission to publish, contact Eastern Washington University Libraries, Archives & Special Collections at (509) 359-2475, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oral History Interview with Donald Rose; SPC 980-0108; box number; folder number; Archives & Special Collections, Eastern Washington University.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Dr. Joseph Franklin; 1980
The Oral History Interview with Donald Rose is part of the Inland Northwest Black History Collection, which also contains the following collections:
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- African Americans -- Washington (State) -- Spokane
- African Americans -- Washington (State) -- Spokane -- Social conditions
- African Americans -- Washington (State) -- Spokane -- Social life and customs
- Personal Names :
- Rose, Donald -- Interviews
- Geographical Names :
- Fairchild Air Force Base (Wash.)
- Spokane (Wash.) -- Race relations
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Interviews (Sound recordings)
- Oral histories