- Edmiston, Andrew James, Dr.
- Andrew James Edmiston Collection of L. V. McWhorter Ephemera
- circa 1941 (inclusive)19411941
- 1.35 Linear feet of shelf space, (1 Box)
- Collection Number
- Cage 5131 (collection)
- Letter sent by Lucullus Virgil McWhorter to his nephew, Dr. Andrew James Edmiston, as well as several items of ephemera most likely sent by L. V. McWhorter to his brother, Judge John C. McWhorter.
Washington State University Libraries, Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections.
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections
Terrell Library Suite 12
- Access Restrictions
This collection is open and available for research use.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Lucullus V. McWhorter (1860-1944) was a strong supporter of Native American rights and gathered material relating to Native American culture and the legal status of various tribes after the conclusion of the Indian wars in the 1870s. His brother, Judge John C. McWhorter, is the grandfather of Dr. Andrew James Edmiston. Both were also interested in Native American culture and Lucullus McWhorter shared a number of items with them to nurture that interest.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Letter sent by Lucullus Virgil McWhorter to his nephew, Dr. Andrew James Edmiston, as well as several items of ephemera most likely sent by L. V. McWhorter to his brother, Judge John C. McWhorter. Judge McWhorter then passed them on to his grandson, Dr. Edmiston, as they shared an interest in Native American culture. The ephemera include a bird feather, a woven belt, and a beaded bag.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Copyright restrictions may apply.
Andrew James Edmiston Collection of Lucullus V. McWhorter Ephemera, circa 1941 (Cage 5131)
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections, Washington State University Libraries, Pullman, WA.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Tim Edmiston, Dr. Edmiston’s son, donated this collection to the Washington State University Libraries in 2020 (MS.2020.10).
This collection was processed by Gayle O'Hara in 2020.
Lucullus Virgil McWhorter Papers 1848-1945 (Cage 55)
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Indians of North America
- Edmiston, Andrew James, Dr.-- Archives
- McWhorter, John C.
- McWhorter, Lucullus Virgil, 1860-1944
- McWhorter, Lucullus Virgil, 1860-1944 (creator)