Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Architecture Department Records, 1957-1975
Overview of the Collection
- Architecture Department Records
- 1957-1975 (inclusive)19571975
- approximate 800 items, ( .75 linear feet), ( 2 containers)
- Collection Number
- Archives 68
- Includes materials relating to affirmative action, special projects, major and minor course changes, and lectures.
Washington State University Libraries' Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections (MASC)
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections
Terrell Library Suite 12
- Access Restrictions
The Collection is open for research use.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
In 1957 courses in architecture were offered by the College of Engineering in a program called Architectural Engineering, In 1963, the Washington State Legislature passed a law which permitted Washington State University to offer a degree in either Architectural Engineering or Architecture. By 1975, the Department offered three degrees: Bachelor of Architecture, Architectural Studies, and Bachelor of Science in Building Theory and Practice.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
The office files of the Department of Architecture are arranged in a single alphabetical subject file. The records date from 1957-1975. The bulk of this material comes from the late 1960s and the early 1970s. The series contains materials relating to affirmative action, special projects, major and minor course changes, and lectures.
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1||2||American Institute of Architects Student Chapter
|1||3||Dean - College of Engineering
|1||4||Idaho, University of
|1||6||Major and Minor Changes in Process
|1||10||Vocational Rehabilitation Planning Commission
|1||11||Washington State Council on Aging
|1||12||Washington, University of
|1||13||Woman in Architecture
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Affirmative action programs--Washington State--Archives
- Schools of architecture--Washington (State)--Administration--Archives
- Washington State University. Dept. of Architecture--Archives (creator)
- Washington State University. Dept. of Architecture--Records and correspondence
- State College of Washington. Architectural Engineering Program. (creator)