Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Christ the King Lutheran Church, Milton-Freewater, Oregon, Records, 1961-2012
- Christ the King Lutheran Church (Milton-Freewater, Or.)
- Christ the King Lutheran Church, Milton-Freewater, Oregon, Records
- 1961-2012 (inclusive)19612012
- 1 file, (Box 8 File 7)
- Collection Number
- OPVELCA7a4_199 (collection)
- Collection contains the records of Christ the King Lutheran Church in Milton-Freewater, Oregon.
Pacific Lutheran University, Archives and Special Collections
Archives and Special Collections
Pacific Lutheran University
12180 Park Avenue South
- Access Restrictions
Collection is available for research
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.Processing funded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Christ the King was founded through the initiative of the American Missions Board in cooperation with Rev. William Foege of Emmanuel Lutheran in Walla Walla. Christ the King began with a nucleus of Emmanuel members who lived in Oregon but worshipped at Emmanuel since an ALC congregation was not present in either Milton or Freewater. Milton did have a Missouri Synod congregation which was forced to disband shortly before Christ the King was organized. Richared Nieman, founding pastor of Christ the King, was a son of Emmanuel of Walla Walla until age 15. In 1982 a tracker pipe organ was installed. The physical plant was almost doubled in size in 1984 with the addition and expansion of classrooms, kitchen, offices and fellowship hall.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This folder contains a congregational historical record, a 20th anniversary booklet, a bulletin from 1981, a pamphlet inviting people to the church, a bulletin from the cornerstone laying service in1961, a written history of the church, various letters, a congregational statistical record, a letter of call, a summary of their financial problem, a counselor’s final report (1962), an ALC American Mission Agreement, an invitational flyer from the church, a bulletin from 1961, an architectural blueprint of the building, a bulletin from 1985 (J. S. Bach’s 300th birthday), a church relations visit summary, church constitution.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Archives and Special Collections Department at Pacific Lutheran University. Copyright resides with the creator of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to the University Archivist. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder
From the Christ the King Lutheran Church, Milton-Freewater, Oregon, Records, OPVELCA7a4_199, Archives and Special Collections, ELCA Region I Archives, Pacific Lutheran University, 12180 Park Avenue South, Tacoma, WA 98447
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Transferred to ELCA Region I Archives. .
To search and view digitized images of congregations, visit our Digital Assets Website
Nesvig, Swanson, Nordquist, Emerson New Partners. Old Roots. Tacoma (Wash.) ALC, LCA, and ELC 1986
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Organ (Musical instrument)
- Dygert, John James
- Huesby, Gordon E., 1966-1975
- Nesvig, Philip M., 1975-?
- Nieman, Richard G., 1961-1966
- Emmanuel Lutheran Church (Walla Walla, Wash.)
- American Lutheran Church (1961- )
- Evangelical Lutheran Church--History
- Evangelical Lutheran Church--Oregon Synod
- Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod
- Walla Walla (Wash.)
- Milton-Freewater (Or.)