Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Trinity Lutheran Church, Kirkland, Washington, Records, 1944-2012
- Trinity Lutheran Church (Kirkland, Wash.)
- Trinity Lutheran Church, Kirkland, Washington, Records
- 1944-2012 (inclusive)19442012
- 1 file
- Collection Number
- OPVELCA 7a5_318 (collection)
- Collection contains the records of Trinity Lutheran Church in Kirkland, Washington.
Pacific Lutheran University, Archives and Special Collections
Archives and Special Collections
Pacific Lutheran University
12180 Park Avenue South
- Access Restrictions
Collection is available for research
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.Processing funded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The first worship service for this congregation was held on Palm Sunday of 1944. It was during this year that the congregation was officially organized. A funeral chapel with an apartment was purchased and remodeled to serve as a church and parsonage. This was Trinity’s home until 1959. In 1956 the congregation built a parsonage. March 15, 1959 marked groundbreaking services for the new church, with first services following on Thanksgiving Day of that year. In 1960 the congregation became affiliated with the ALC following the merger of the Lutheran Free Church with that synod. On May 18, 1969 a new addition was dedicated, and the next Sunday the congregation celebrated its 25th anniversary.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This folder contains a congregational historical record, a congregational statistical, letters of call, two bulletins of the 35th anniversary of the church.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Archives and Special Collections Department at Pacific Lutheran University. Copyright resides with the creator of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to the University Archivist. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder
From the Trinity Lutheran Church, Kirkland, Washington, Records, OPVELCA7a5_318, Archives and Special Collections, ELCA Region I Archives, Pacific Lutheran University, 12180 Park Avenue South, Tacoma, WA 98447
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Transferred to ELCA Region I Archives. .
To search and view digitized images of congregations, visit our Digital Assets Website
Nesvig, Swanson, Nordquist, Emerson New Partners. Old Roots. Tacoma, (Wash.) ALC, LCA, and ELC 1986
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Church anniversaries
- Lutherans--Washington (State)--History
- Almquist, G., 1957-1958
- Blake, Chester, 1958-1964
- Bottin, Diana R.
- Bremer, E. Melvin, 1964-1975
- Crouch, Charles, 1944-1948
- Raaum, Ernest, 1952-1957
- Stakkestad, Wendell, 1975-?
- Torgrimson, Justin, 1948-1952
- American Lutheran Church
- Evangelical Lutheran Church--Northwest Washington Synod
- Lutheran Church--Northwestern States--History
- Lutheran Free Church
- Kirkland (Wash.)