Oregon Marching Band records, 1965-2010 PDF
- University of Oregon. Marching Band
- Oregon Marching Band records
- 1965-2010 (inclusive)19652010
- 15 linear feet, (10 containers)
- Collection Number
- UA 192
- The University of Oregon (UO) had a "University Band" as far back as 1908, but the 1916 Oregana states that the UO Band officially began in 1911, with Maurice Hyde as Director. The collection (1950-2010) contains a songbook, programs, framed group photographs, and band uniforms.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Collection is organized by accession and material includes (but is not limited to):
Accession 10.138.A: nine boxes of programs, framed group photographs, and uniforms, 1965-2010.
Accession 12.148.A: phonograph albums in a case titled "Songs of Old Oregon," with Robert S. Vagner as Director. The album was sold and distributed by the Alumni Association. There are two phonograph records inside, and the inside front and back covers have pictures and text regarding the band, the University Singers, and the university, undated.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Oregon Marching Band records, UA 192, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Bands (Music)--Oregon--Eugene--History--20th century
- College students--Oregon--Eugene
- Education, Higher--Oregon--Eugene
- Marching bands--Oregon--Eugene
- Student activities--Oregon--Eugene
- Universities and colleges--Oregon--Eugene
- Corporate Names :
- University of Oregon. Marching Band--Records and correspondence
- University of Oregon--Students
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Phonograph records