American Historical Society of Germans from Russia records, 1968-1984 PDF
- American Historical Society of Germans from Russia
- American Historical Society of Germans from Russia records
- 1968-1984 (inclusive)19681984
- 0.25 linear feet of shelf space, (1 container)
- Collection Number
- Cage 850 (collection)
- The American Historical Society of Germans from Russia Records consists of materials published by the AHSGR on the organization and its members. The collection includes newsletters, documents on conventions, published papers, membership lists, biographies, and AHSGR correspondence.
- Washington State University Libraries, Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections.
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections
Terrell Library Suite 12
- Access Restrictions
This collection is open and available for research use.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
The American Historical Society of Germans from Russia (AHGSR) was founded in 1968, and is an international, nonprofit organization that engages in research and history of German Russians. The organization focuses its research on a group of Germans that resided along the Volga, who then immigrated to the United States in the 19th and 20th centuries. The organization started within a community of German-Russians, who predominately resided in Nebraska, Kansas, and Colorado. Volunteers and staff aimed to gather information, translate relevant texts, and develop genealogical information for future generations of German-Russians.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This collection contains papers and publications of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia (AHGSR) from 1967-1984. Most of the materials in this collection include the “Newsletter” published by the AHSGR, in the years 1970-1984. Other documents include correspondence pertaining membership, committee and society membership lists, documents associated with conventions (majority of convention documents are associated with the Tenth International Convention in Seattle, WA), and papers that were authored by the organization’s president.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Copyright restrictions may apply.
[Item description]. American Historical Society of Germans from Russia Records, 1968-1984. Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections, Washington State University Libraries, Pullman, WA.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1||1||Tenth International Convention, Seattle, Washington||1979|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Russian Germans -- America -- History.
- Corporate Names :
- American Historical Society of Germans from Russia -- Archives.