Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
The Sweet Pea Carnivals of Bozeman, Montana
Overview of the Collection
- Dagterom, Frances Teslow
- The Sweet Pea Carnivals of Bozeman, Montana
- 1 item
- Collection Number
- Collection 1228, MtBC, us (collection)
- The Sweet Pea Carnivals of Bozeman, Montana consists of a typescript history of the inception and development of the Sweet Pea Carnival in Bozeman Montana which lasted from 1906-1913. The paper describes the festivities, parade, floats and the coronation of the royal court of the festival.
Montana State University Library, Merrill G. Burlingame Special Collections
Montana State University-Bozeman Library
Merrill G Burlingame Special Collections
P.O. Box 173320
- Access Restrictions
This collection is open for research.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided by a grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Frances Teslow, class of 1947, was a student at Montana State College. She wrote a history of the Sweet Pea Carnivals for a history class research assignment.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Eleven page typescript history of the inception and development of the Sweet Pea Carnival in Bozeman Montana which lasted from 1906-1913. The carnival was begun by the Bozeman Commercial Club (Chamber of Commerce) as an effort to make Bozeman a commercial center. The paper describes the festivities, parade, floats and the coronation of the royal court of the festival. The carnival was discontinued because of impending war in Europe and the disillusionment of organizers that there was little commercial return to the community. Teslow's paper contains no bibliography or footnotes.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Flower festivals-Montana-Bozeman
- Sweet Pea Carnival-(Bozeman, Mont.)
- Bozeman (Mont.)