Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Oregon Shakespearean Festival souvenir programs collection, 1950-2000
- Seattle Public Library
- Oregon Shakespearean Festival souvenir programs collection
- 1950-2000 (inclusive)19502000
- 1.25 linear feet, (3 boxes)
- Collection Number
- This collection includes souvenir programs from the Oregon Shakespearean Festival, held in Ashland, Oregon, during the years 1950-2000.
Seattle Public Library, Special Collections
1000 Fourth Ave.
Seattle, WA 98104-1109
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open and available for use.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The Oregon Shakespearean Festival was founded in 1935. From March through October each year, the festival offers from 750 to 850 evening and matinee performances in three theaters. The Oregon Shakespearean Festival was renamed the Oregon Shakespeare Festival in 1988.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The annual souvenir program includes photographic highlights of each play and special articles along with pictures and biographies of actors, playwrights, and the many people who work behind the scenes. Missing in the collection are 1954-1957, 1968, 1970-1972, 1975-1978, 1980, 1987, 1988, and 1993.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
[ITEM DESCRIPTION], Oregon Shakespearean Festival souvenir programs collection. Seattle Public Library, Seattle, WA.
Copyright restrictions apply.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Souvenir programs are arranged by year.
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Drama festivals--Oregon--Ashland--Periodicals
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616--Dramatic production--Periodicals
- Oregon Shakespeare Festival Association
- Oregon Shakespeare Festival--Periodicals
- Oregon Shakespearean Festival Association
- Oregon Shakespearean Festival--Periodicals
Form or Genre Terms
- Theater programs