Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
University of Puget Sound History Photograph Collection, 1888-1973
- University of Puget Sound.
- University of Puget Sound History Photograph Collection
- 1888-1973 (inclusive)18881973
- 10.0 linear feet, (approximately 8,000 photographs )
- Collection Number
- This collection contains photographs documenting the history, people, buildings, events and activities of the University of Puget Sound, in Tacoma, Washington, which was, in earlier years, called Puget Sound University and College of Puget Sound.
University of Puget Sound, Archives & Special Collections
Collins Memorial Library
1500 N. Warner St.
- Access Restrictions
This collection is available for research.
- Funding for preparing this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This collection includes images of buildings, people, events and activities, campus scenes, departments, sports, alumni events and other topics. Selected photographs are available online in the "Sound Past" digital collection: http://digitalcollections.pugetsound.edu/cdm5/browse.php?CISOROOT=/upsimages.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Over the time period covered, the University was variously known as Puget Sound University (1888-1903), College of Puget Sound (1914-1960), and University of Puget Sound (1903-1914 and 1960-present).
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
The collection is arranged by subject in three series:
I. 1888-1923: pre-origin, Methodist promoters, et al.; early campus sites, Jason Lee area, University Place, and other subjects;
II. 1923-1942: Edward H. Todd presidency; and
III. 1943-1973: R. Franklin Thompson presidency;
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Methodist universities and colleges--Washington (State)--Tacoma--Photographs
- Private universities and colleges--Washington (State)--Tacoma--Photographs
- University of Puget Sound--Photographs