Archives West Finding Aid
University of Puget Sound Historical Materials and Miscellaneous Manuscripts, 1888-1936
- University of Puget Sound Historical Materials and Miscellaneous Manuscripts
- 1888-1936 (bulk)18881936
1888 - 2006 (inclusive)18882006
- 1.5 linear feet, (one box and three bound volumes)
- Collection Number
- This collection contains original documents pertaining to the development of the University of Puget Sound from the birth of the Puget Sound Conference (1888) to the College of Puget Sound (1930) as well as some additional materials on university traditions. It contains correspondence, minutes, reports and other documentation.
University of Puget Sound, Archives & Special Collections
Collins Memorial Library
1500 N. Warner St.
- Access Restrictions
This collection is available for research.
- Funding for preparing this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
E.H. Todd, during his tenure as President Emeritus (1942-1949), collected and arranged the university archives into volumes entitled Miscellaneous Manuscripts. These three volumes and other various papers and records in the university archives were later compiled into the present collection.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The three bound volumes contain correspondence, minutes and reports up to 1930, with additional reports added through 1936, with some missing. The box contains some originals of materials in the bound volumes, additional documentation on the early years of the university, a copy of The History of the College of Puget Sound by A.W. Matthews (1926), and "Experiences of C.A. Robbins." An inventory of this collection is available in the archives.
The box also contains the following folders:
1/33 Campus Buildings, 1890-date
1/34 Colors, University Regalia and Patterns
1/35 UPS Mace
1/36 UPS Mummy Tradition
1/37 Logger - Peggy Strong Murals in SUB
1/38 Misc. useful for exhibits
1/39 Hatchet Tradition 1908-date
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Methodist universities and colleges--Washington (State)--Tacoma
- Private universities and colleges--Washington (State)--Tacoma
- Todd, Edward Howard
- University of Puget Sound.