Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Harry Barnard papers, 1936-1973
Overview of the Collection
- Barnard, Harry, 1906-1982.
- Harry Barnard papers
- 1936-1973 (inclusive)19361973
- 7.2 cubic feet (16 boxes)
- Collection Number
American Heritage Center, University of Wyoming
American Heritage Center
University of Wyoming
1000 E. University Ave.
- Access Restrictions
There are no access restrictions on the materials for research purposes, and the collection is open to the public.
- Additional Reference Guides
Finding aid available in repository.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Harry Barnard was a journalist and biographer of American political figures.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Professional correspondence regarding his research and the publication of his books (1936-1972); speeches (1968, 1972); the manuscripts and research materials for three of his books; 26 reel-to-reel audio tapes from the Watergate hearings which Barnard covered (1973); and the unpublished manuscript and research materials for a book on the W.J. Wrigley Company (1944-1956).
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Restrictions on UseCopyright Information
The researcher assumes full responsibility for observing all copyright, property, and libel laws as they apply.
Preferred CitationPreferred Citation
Item Description, Box Number, Folder Number, Collection Name, Collection Number, American Heritage Center, University of Wyoming.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Preservation NoteSystem Requirements
Watergate hearings -- audio cassette tapes.
Related MaterialsRelated Materials
There are no known other archival collections created by Harry Barnard at the date of processing.
Acquisition InformationAcquisition Information
Processing NoteProcessing Information
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Subordinate Component # 1Return to Top
The American Heritage Center is in the process of converting its older container lists to a more accessible format. This link is to an older version of a container list.
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Journalism -- United States.
- Politicians -- Biography -- United States.
- Watergate Trial, Washington, D.C., 1973.
- Altgeld, John Peter, 1847-1902.
- Couzens, James, 1872-1936.
- Hayes, Rutherford Birchard, 1822-1893.
- William Wrigley, Jr., Co.
Form or Genre Terms
- Audio tapes.
- Barnard, Harry, 1906- -- Eagle forgotten.
- Barnard, Harry, 1906- -- Independent man.
- Barnard, Harry, 1906- -- Rutherford B. Hayes and his America.