Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
John T. P. Fletcher Ledger, 1905-1909
- Fletcher, John T. P. (John Townsend P.), 1833-1911
- John T. P. Fletcher Ledger
- 1 volume
- Collection Number
- Collection 2522, MtBC, us (collection)
- The John T. P. Fletcher Ledger consists of a few pages of financial entries which document his transactions with "Rogers and Mortensen," "Condra and Waite," and the income Fletcher realized through the sale of butter and eggs.
Montana State University Library, Merrill G. Burlingame Special Collections
Montana State University-Bozeman Library
Merrill G Burlingame Special Collections
P.O. Box 173320
- Access Restrictions
This collection is open for research.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided by a grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
John T. P. Fletcher was born in New York on February 24, 1833. He lived in Iowa, Nebraska, and Colorado before coming to Bannack, Montana Territory in 1863. Fletcher had worked a variety of jobs prior to his arrival in Bannack including stints as a bricklayer, farmer, and freighter. Once in Montana, Fletcher first tried his hand at mining, and by 1868 he began to work a claim on Norwegian Creek near Pony, Madison County. He added to his holdings over the years and abandoned mining by 1885 to engage in farming and stock raising. Fletcher died on June 11, 1911.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The John T. P. Fletcher ledger consists of a few pages of financial entries which document his transactions with "Rogers and Mortensen," "Condra and Waite," and the income Fletcher realized through the sale of butter and eggs.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
A partially completed ledger book created by John T. P. Fletcher was donated by Mrs. James A. Flint of Pony, Montana on July 27, 1966. This volume was originally accessioned as part of Collection 441, the Morris State Bank Records, and was separated for processing in 2009.
This collection was processed 2009 July 2
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Farmers-Montana-Madison County
- Condra and Waite
- Rogers and Mortensen
Form or Genre Terms
- Ledgers (account books)-Montana-Madison County