Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
John Smith Griffin letter to Brother and Sister Smith and Brother William Geiger, Jr. , 1853-05-09
Overview of the Collection
- Griffin, J. S. (John Smith), 1807-1899
- John Smith Griffin letter to Brother and Sister Smith and Brother William Geiger, Jr.
- 0.1 linear feet, (1 container) : 1 folder
- Collection Number
- Coll 924
- John Smith Griffin (1807–1899) was an Oregon pioneer and missionary. The collection consists of a handwritten letter by Griffin regarding the establishment of a Congregational Church near the Tualatin River.
University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives
1299 University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room.
Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
- Additional Reference Guides
See the Current Collection Guide for detailed description and requesting options.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
John Smith Griffin (1807–1899) was an Oregon pioneer and missionary who participated at the Champoeg Meetings that created the Provisional Government of Oregon in 1843.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Collection includes one handwritten letter by John Smith Griffin written at Tualatin Plains regarding the establishment of a Congregational Church near the Tualatin River.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|Guide to the John Smith Griffin letter to Brother and Sister Smith and Brother William Geiger, Jr.|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Congregational churches--Oregon
- Oregon Territory--History--Sources