Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Joseph F. Taylor Diary, 1893 September 13-1893 September 16
- Taylor, Joseph F.
- Joseph F. Taylor Diary
- 1893 September 13-1893 September 161893091318930916
- 1 volume
- Collection Number
- Collection 2484, MtBC, us (collection)
- The Joseph F. Taylor Diary describes Taylor's visit as he traveled by stage coach from Mammoth Hot Springs, visiting the Lower and Upper Falls of the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, and took a boat trip around Yellowstone Lake before departing to the Fountain Hotel.
Montana State University Library, Merrill G. Burlingame Special Collections
Montana State University-Bozeman Library
Merrill G Burlingame Special Collections
P.O. Box 173320
- Access Restrictions
This collection is open for research.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided by a grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Joseph Taylor was a tourist in Yellowstone National Park from September 13 to September 16, 1893.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
While at Yellowstone, Taylor purchased a copy of A. B. Guptill's All About Yellowstone National Park (St. Paul: F. Jay Haynes, 1893) and recorded diary entries on one page describing his visit. Taylor traveled by stage coach from Mammoth Hot Springs, visiting the Lower and Upper Falls of the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, and took a boat trip around Yellowstone Lake before departing to the Fountain Hotel.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Tourists-Yellowstone National Park-Diaries
- Yellowstone National Park
Form or Genre Terms
- Diaries-Yellowstone National Park
- Guptill, A. B. (Albert Brewer), 1854-1931-All about Yellowstone (creator)