Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Jackie Loesel Diary, 1971-1974
- Losel, Jacqueline Jo
- Jackie Loesel Diary
- 1 item
- Collection Number
- Collection 2274, MtBC, us (collection)
- The Jackie Loesel Diary contains brief entries and discusses fellow employees, movies and concerts attended, books read, scenic places visited in the park, as well as special employee parties.
Montana State University Library, Merrill G. Burlingame Special Collections
Montana State University-Bozeman Library
Merrill G Burlingame Special Collections
P.O. Box 173320
- Access Restrictions
This collection is open for research.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided by a grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Jacqueline Jo Loesel was an employee for Hamilton Stores at Fishing Bridge fountain and curio shop in Yellowstone National Park during the summer of 1971 and made a brief visit the following year on August 1-2, 1972. Her diary entries on the pages for June 10 through September 1 include both her 1971 working summer and her visit the following year. Other entries on the same pages, made in 1973 and 1974 list unrelated activities such as television programs and movies watched by Loesel.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The Yellowstone Park diary entries are brief and discuss fellow employees; movies and concerts attended and books read; scenic places visited in the park; and special employee parties including "Christmas in August" and the annual watermelon party.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Yellowstone National Park-Description and travel
- Yellowstone National Park-Officials and employees-Diaries
Form or Genre Terms