Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Annie Bucklee Letter, 1905 August 1
- Bucklee, Annie
- Annie Bucklee Letter
- 1905 August 11905080119050801
- 1 item
- Collection Number
- Collection 2385, MtBC, us (collection)
- The Annie Bucklee Letter consists of a letter written to her mother 1905 August 1 that gives a cursory description of the park in her letter and describes the dining arrangements at the Old Faithful Inn. Bucklee also compares the facility to the Red Swan Inn of New York.
Montana State University Library, Merrill G. Burlingame Special Collections
Montana State University-Bozeman Library
Merrill G Burlingame Special Collections
P.O. Box 173320
- Access Restrictions
This collection is open for research.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided by a grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Annie Bucklee was a tourist in Yellowstone National Park during the summer of 1905.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Bucklee began her tour with a "Dr. and Mrs. McGill," but left them at Mammoth Hot Springs and proceeded with others to the Fountain Hotel and Old Faithful Inn where she wrote her letter home to her mother in New York State. Bucklee gives a cursory description of the park in her letter and describes the dining arrangements at the Old Faithful Inn. Bucklee also compares the facility to the Red Swan Inn of New York.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Women travelers-Yellowstone National Park-Correspondence
- Bucklee, W. W., Mrs-Correspondence
- Yellowstone National Park
Form or Genre Terms
- Travelers' writings, American-Yellowstone National Park