- Hall, Frank E. (Frank Edward)
- Frank E. Hall Collection
- 1886-1909 (inclusive)18861909
- 0.2 cubic foot, including 7 photographs, (4 boxes, including 2 oversize boxes)
- Collection Number
- MSS Hall
- The Frank E. Hall Collection consists of photographs and memorabilia assembled by Hall while he was a student at Oregon Agricultural College. Frank Edward Hall attended Oregon Agricultural College from 1906 to 1909, graduating in 1909 with a degree in agriculture.
- Oregon State University Libraries, Special Collections and Archives Research Center
Special Collections and Archives Research Center
121 The Valley Library
Oregon State University
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Frank Edward Hall attended Oregon Agricultural College from 1906/1907 through 1908/1909 and graduated with the Class of 1909 in Agriculture. He was from Milwaukie, Oregon. The 1910 Orange yearbook cites his activities as Athenaeum Literary Society, Lewelling Club, Glee Club, and Agricultural Club. He was a 1st Lieutenant and Battalion Adjutant in the OAC Cadets.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The Frank E. Hall Collection consists of photographs and memorabilia assembled by Hall during his student years at Oregon Agricultural College. The photographs consist of 7 prints. They include portrait photographs of Frank Edward Hall in his military uniform; Hall's graduation portrait; and a portrait of Etta Anna Hall (Finnerty), Class of 1910. A photograph of the military cadets in "OAC" formation on the lower campus and group portrait of members of the Athenaeum Literary Society are also included. The bulk of the photographs were made by W.S. Gardner of Corvallis.
The memorabilia includes debate and track programs, a dance card, the OAC Cadets yearbook for 1908-1909, an instruction book The Improved Easy Method for the Parlor Organ, and an OAC cloth pennant.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Frank E. Hall Collection (MSS Hall), Oregon State University Special Collections and Archives Research Center, Corvallis, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
The materials were donated to the University Archives in 1989 by Carla Mudt, on behalf of Frank Hall of Reno, Nevada.
The Special Collections and Archives Research Center includes countless collections of materials assembled by students during their time at Oregon State University and many that include materials from the early 20th century. Of special note is the Alexander K. Chapman Photograph Collection (P 235) which was assembled by another member of the Class of 1909. Additional photographs of military cadets are available in Harriet's Photograph Collection (P HC) and the Oregon State University Military Photographs Collection (P 002).
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- College students--Oregon--Corvallis.
- Debates and debating--Oregon--Corvallis.
- Military education--Oregon--Corvallis.
- Oregon Agricultural College--Students.
- Oregon Agricultural College--Track and field.
Form or Genre Terms
- Dance cards.
- Photographic prints.
- Gardner, W. S. (creator)