Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Trinum Mining Company Records, 1935-1939
- Trinum Mining Company
- Trinum Mining Company Records
- 1935-1939 (inclusive)19351939
- 1 cubic foot
- Collection Number
- MG293 (collection)
- Assays, correspondence with suppliers, general ledger sheets, state insurance fund claims, leases, ore records, payroll sheets, financial reports, a voucher register, and tax returns of a lead-zinc-silver mining partnership in the Coeur d'Alene mining region of Shoshone County, Idaho.
University of Idaho Library, Special Collections and Archives
Special Collections and Archives
University of Idaho Library
875 Perimeter Drive
- Funds for processing were provided by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.
Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The Trinum Company, a partnership composed of H.B. Kingsbury, Dr. Max T. Smith, and Henry L. Day, leased the, Mayflower Vein of the Golconda Lead Mine three miles east of Wallace from 1936-1938. The company ceased active mining on its own account during the first week of December 1936, and sub-leased its workings. Operations of the company were dissolved on November 30, 1938, but the sub-leases were continued until April 1, 1939.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The records of the Trinum Mining Company span the years 1935 to 1939. Included are assays, correspondence with suppliers, general ledger sheets, state insurance fund claims, leases, ore records, payroll sheets, financial reports, a voucher register, and tax returns.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
The records of the Trinum Mining Company are divided into two series.
General Correspondence and Related Records, the first series, is an alphabetically arranged file containing correspondence with suppliers, assays, general ledger sheets, state insurance fund claims (accidents), leases, ore production records and settlements, payroll sheets, progress reports, shifter's daily reports, financial statements, and a voucher register.
Financial Records the final series, consists of tax returns for Social Security and federal and state income tax.
Removal of vouchers, and duplicate materials reduced the size of this group by 0.5 cubic feet.
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Series I. General Correspondence and Related Records , 1935-1939Return to Top
Day, Henry L.; Drift, repairs in
General ledger sheets
Golconda Lead Mines; Golconda - equipment in use
H; Hercules Mining Company
I; Insurance - compensation
Leases: Bloyd, Ed; Daron, E.F.; Duthweiler & Fisher
Leases: East & Pries; English; English & Featherstone, Johnson
Leases: Hutchings; East & Scrafford; Komsthoeflt
Leases: Pries & Pries; Waldvogel; Homer Watson & Lee Drake
Ore milled; Ore record; Ore - lessors; Ore settlements
Payroll sheets; Power - Golconda Lead Mines; Progress
Social Security; Monthly statements
T; U.S. Bureau of Mines; V
Wages; Washington Water Power
Series II. Financial Records , 1936-1938Return to Top
Social Security legislation
State Income Tax
Federal Income Tax
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Lead mines and mining -- Idaho -- Coeur d'Alene Mining District -- History -- Sources
- Silver mines and mining -- Idaho -- Coeur d'Alene Mining District -- History -- Sources
- Zinc mines and mining -- Idaho -- Coeur d'Alene Mining District -- History -- Sources
- Trinum Mining Company