Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
UW Ethnomusicology Archives audio recordings: Joe Heaney recordings: Joe Heaney Collection, 1979
- O'Sullivan, Gabe, 1934-; Heaney, Joe, 1919-1984
- UW Ethnomusicology Archives audio recordings: Joe Heaney recordings: Joe Heaney Collection
- 2 items : EC - 2 reels (7.5 ips, 2 tr. stereo, 7"); WT - 1 DAT (digital, stereo); Duration: 00:48:53; photo-copies of record notes
- Collection Number
- Copy of commercial recording: Joe and the Gabe.
University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives
University of Washington
- Access Restrictions
Access is restricted.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Joe Heaney (AKA Joe Éinniú; Irish: Seosamh Ó hÉanaí) (1919 - 1984) was an Irish traditional (sean nós) singer from County Galway, Ireland. He spent most of his adult life abroad, living in England, Scotland and New York City, in the course of which he recorded hundreds of songs. A magnificent singer in both Gaelic and English, Heaney sings in sean-nos, the highly ornamented style of traditional Irish song.
Gabriel O'Sullivan (1934-) is a flutist, whistler, and fiddler from County Galway, Ireland.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Archives copy from stereo disc.
Performers: Joe Heaney/voice; Gabe O'Sullivan/flute, whistle, fiddle.
Oxide shed noted on EC tapes 1/93; tapes baked before work tape produced.
See logsheet for description of contents.
Documentation: Heaney index
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1984013-0001: Joe Heaney Collection: Green Linnet SIF 1018 "Joe and the Gabe"|
1 audiotape : DAT; Tracks: 6
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Rural Irish--Europe--British Isles
- Europe--Europe--General Europe