- University of Oregon. Women's Faculty Club
- Women's Faculty Club records
- 1927-1988 (inclusive)19271988
- 5 linear feet, (5 containers)
- Collection Number
- UA 086
- The University of Oregon Women's Faculty Club began in the 1920s (or earlier). Collection is comprised of secretary's ledgers, annual reports, constitutions, minutes, membership and account ledger, publications, correspondence, scrapbooks, and Newcomer's Club material including event and activity notebooks, and President's notebook.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
1299 University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
UNAVAILABLE DEPARTMENTAL RECORDS: Permanent University Archive public records are available for research, and are subject to state, and in some cases federal freedom of information laws. In compliance with applicable state and federal laws, including, but not limited to, FERPA and HIPAA, specific records that are legally protected, sensitive, private, or confidential are exempt (not subject to disclosure) and closed to protect individual privacy.
For more information, please submit a Notice of Interest in Unprocessed Collections.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Collection is comprised of secretary's ledgers, annual reports, constitutions, minutes, membership and account ledger, publications, correspondence, scrapbooks, and Newcomer's Club material including event and activity notebooks, and President's notebook.
Material is organized by accession and includes the following material: (lists are not comprehensive)
Accession 10138.A: journals, Secretary's book, office files, meeting minutes and minutes of the Executive Council, 1927-1948.
Accession 10944.A: correspondence, minutes, and constitution, 1948-1975.
Accession 11372.A: agendas, outlines, responsibilities, and newcomers, 1940-1980.
Accession 1996.389.A: correspondence, brochures, pamphlets, gavel, President of Newcomer's notebook, account and membership ledger, and Newcomers notebooks, 1949-1988.
Accession 2005.52.A: Newcomers scrapbook (red): programs, pamphlets and newspaper clippings, and Newcomers scrapbook (white): programs, pamphlets, newspaper clippings, invitations, flyers, and correspondence.
Accession Up 182: minutes, events, constitutions, scrapbooks, correspondence, yearly notebooks, and President's books, correspondence, and reports, 1962-1972.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The first faculty club on the University of Oregon campus was restricted to males only until the 1960's. Before the faculty club was integrated, women faculty at UO formed their own club in the 1920's (or earlier). The Women's Faculty Club (also referred to as the UO Women's Club) included as members the wives of male faculty and the University President's wife. The club also had a division called the Newcomer's Club.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Women's Faculty Club records, UA 086, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Education, Higher--Oregon--Eugene
- Universities and colleges--Oregon--Eugene
- Women college teachers--Oregon--Eugene
- Women--Oregon--Eugene--Societies and clubs
- University of Oregon. Women's Faculty Club--Records and correspondence
- University of Oregon--Faculty
Form or Genre Terms
- Account books
- Annual reports
- Office files