Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
American Institute of Architects, Washington State Chapter records, 1937-1984
- American Institute of Architects. Washington State Chapter
- American Institute of Architects, Washington State Chapter records
- 1937-1984 (inclusive)19371984
- 0.54 cubic feet (2 boxes)
- Collection Number
- 4277 (Accession No. 4277-001)
- Records of a professional society of architecture, 1894-1961
University of Washington Libraries, Special Collections
University of Washington Libraries
- Access Restrictions
Open to all users.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The American Institute of Architects, Washington Chapter, was the original chapter for the entire state. Its successors are the local chapters, small units that comprise the present AIA. The Washington State Council was incorporated in June of 1960 and is composed of all the Washington State local chapters. Washington State Council is not a successor to AIA. Charles Pearson served as president of the Tacoma Society of Architects, as well as on various other AIA committees.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Bulletins, 1938-1957; related series, including correspondence, 1937-1956; necrology.
AIA archive in Washington, D.C. has annual reports of the Washington Chapter, 1894-1898, additional material concerning the chapter from 1901-1914 and scattered material for later periods.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Donated by Charles T. Pearson, 11/15/1990.
Processing completed in 1992. Because most of the accession deals with Pearson's writings for the Bulletin, all correspondence has been left together rather than separating into Bulletin and non-Bulletin folders. Some issues of the Bulletin contain meeting minutes and/or committee lists. Committee lists can also be found in correspondence files.
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1/8-2/1||Bulletin - A.I.A. Washington Chapter||1938-1957|
|2/2||Bulletin - A.I.A.||1942-1943|
|2/3||Bulletins - Miscellaneous||1947-1957|
|2/10||Information for Speakers||1948|
|2/11||Publication - "Architecture of the West"||1942|
|2/14||Bulletin Committee - Annual Reports||1938-1951|
|2/16||Emergency Planning Committee||approximately 1941|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Architectural firms--Washington (State)--History--Sources
- Personal Papers/Corporate Records (University of Washington)
- American Institute of Architects. Washington State Chapter--Archives
- Alden, Charles H (creator)
- Pearson, Charles T (creator)