Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
H. Harper McKee papers, 1915-1951
- McKee, H. Harper, 1891-1973.
- H. Harper McKee papers
- 1915-1951 (inclusive)19151951
- 1.35 cubic feet (3 boxes)
- Collection Number
University of Wyoming, American Heritage Center
American Heritage Center
University of Wyoming
1000 E. University Ave.
- Access Restrictions
There are no access restrictions on the materials for research purposes, and the collection is open to the public.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
H. Harper McKee (1891-1973) received an M.A. in geology from the University of Chicago in 1912 and was a petroleum prospector in Central America, Texas and Oklahoma around 1915-1920. He was later a partner with Brokow, Dixon and McKee, consulting engineers.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Collection contains diaries kept by McKee while conducting petroleum exploration in Texas, Venezuela, Peru and Panama (1915-1951); 6 negative albums of water resources, dams and local scenery in Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico and Mexico (1919-1920); and maps of Oklahoma and Venezuela (1948).
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
The researcher assumes full responsibility for observing all copyright, property, and libel laws as they apply.
Item Description, Box Number, Folder Number, Collection Name, Collection Number, American Heritage Center, University of Wyoming.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Petroleum -- Prospecting -- Panama.
- Petroleum -- Prospecting -- Peru.
- Petroleum -- Prospecting -- Texas.
- Petroleum -- Prospecting -- Venezuela.
- Water resources development -- Mexico.
- Water resources development -- Panama.
- Water resources development -- Peru.
- Water resources development -- Puerto Rico.
- West (U.S.) -- History.
Form or Genre Terms