Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Panoramic Photograph of Chemawa Indian School, circa 1900-1920, circa 1900-1920
Overview of the Collection
- Paul, Robbie, 1963-
- Panoramic Photograph of Chemawa Indian School, circa 1900-1920
- circa 1900-1920 (inclusive)19001920
- 4 linear feet, (1 oversized folder.)8 inches by 54 inches.
- Collection Number
- Panoramic photograph of Chemawa Indian School students and facility, circa 1900-1920.
Washington State University Libraries' Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections (MASC)
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections
Terrell Library Suite 12
- Access Restrictions
This collection is open and available for research use.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This collection consists of a single item: a large (8 inches x 54 inches) undated panoramic photograph of the Chemawa Indian School students and facility, taken circa 1900-1920. Some names are noted on the back of the photograph.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The Chemawa Indian School was founded as the United States Indian Industrial and Training School at Pacific University in Forest Grove, Oregon in 1880. It operated as an Indian boarding school for academic and industrial training. In 1885, the school relocated to its current location north of Salem, Oregon.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Panoramic Photograph of Chemawa Indian School, circa 1900-1920 (PC 174); Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections; Washington State University Libraries; Pullman, WA.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Indians of North America--Education--Oregon
- Chemawa Indian School
- Chemawa (Salem, Or.)
Form or Genre Terms
- Group portraits--Oregon--1862-1941. gmgpc waps
- Paul, Robbie, 1963- (fmo)