Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Community Hall Records, 1938-1968
Overview of the Collection
- Community Hall Records
- 1938-1968 (inclusive)19381968
- approximate 324 items, (.25 linear feet), (1 containers)
- Collection Number
- Archives 143
- Contains minutes, account books, a history, the hall handbook, Community Compact, and the hall newsletter, Commun-O-K or Community Property.
Washington State University Libraries' Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections (MASC)
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections
Terrell Library Suite 12
- Access Restrictions
The Collection is open for research use.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
In 1920 the Community Building Company was formed in Pullman and interest bearing bonds were sold to local people. The proceeds were used for the construction of Community Hall in 1921 on lands adjacent to the College. The building was leased to the Board of Regents at a price that would allow a reasonable return for the investors. At the end of the amortization period the dormitory became the property of the State of Washington. The building has been used consistently as a women's residence since it was first occupied.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
The records of Community Hall, 1938-1968, are arranged chronologically within functional groups. The largest group is minutes of both the council of elected officers and house meetings. Also included are account books, a history, the Community Compact (the hall handbook) and the hall newsletter (titled variously Commun-O-K and Community Property).
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Minutes Return to Top
Newsletters , 1948-1949, 1968Return to Top
Container(s): Box 1, Folder 5
Community Compact, , ca. 1959-1961Return to Top
Container(s): Box 1, Folder 6
History , n.d.Return to Top
Container(s): Box 1, Folder 7
Account Books Return to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Dormitories--Washington (State)--Pullman--Archives
- Washington State University--Buildings--Archives
- Washington State University. Community Hall--Archives (creator)
- Washington State University. Community Hall--Records and correspondence
Titles within the Collection
- Community property
- State College of Washington. Community Hall. (creator)