- Album presented to Marshall Dana on the occasion of his visit to Tokyo, Japan
- 1945-1947 (inclusive)19451947
- .29 cubic feet (78 photographs in 1 album)
- Collection Number
- Album 789
- 78 black and white photographs in 1 album, 1945-1947, of a visit made to Japan by Marshall Dana and other journalists at the end of World War II.
- Oregon Historical Society Research Library
1200 SW Park Avenue
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
- Conversion of this record was made possible by a grant from the National Historic Publications and Records Commission, an agency of the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
78 black and white photographs in 1 album, 1945-1947, of a visit made to Japan by Marshall Dana and other journalists at the end of World War II. Subjects include scenery of Japan and Tokyo, including Fujiyama, journalists, allied military, the surrender ceremony in 1945, Shinto shrines, the first ballot cast by a Japanese woman, General MacArthur and other military leaders, and images of post-war Hiroshima and Nagasaki. All images captioned.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
The Oregon Historical Society is the owner of the materials in the Research Library and makes available reproductions for research, publication, and other uses. Written permission must be obtained from the Research Library before any reproduction use. The Society does not necessarily hold copyright to all of the materials in the collections. In some cases, permission for use may require seeking additional authorization from the copyright owners.
Album presented to Marshall Dana on the occasion of his visit to Tokyo, Japan, Album 789, Oregon Historical Society Research Library.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Journalists -- Photographs.
- Shinto temples -- Japan -- Photographs.
- Women -- Suffrage -- Japan -- Photographs.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Journalism, Military -- Japan.
- Dana, Marshall N. -- (Marshall Newport), -- b. 1885 -- Photographs.
- MacArthur, Douglas, -- 1880-1964 -- Photographs.
- Fuji, Mount (Japan) -- Photographs.
- Hiroshima-shi (Japan) -- History -- Bombardment, 1945 -- Photographs.
- Japan -- Description and travel -- Photographs.
- Japan -- History -- Allied occupation, 1945-1952 -- Photographs.
- Nagasaki-shi (Japan) -- History -- Bombardment, 1945 -- Photographs.
- Tokyo (Japan) -- Description and travel -- Photographs.
Form or Genre Terms
- Photographs. -- aat