Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Keep Oregon Green Association Records, 1945-1957
- Keep Oregon Green Association
- Keep Oregon Green Association Records
- 1945-1957 (inclusive)19451957
- 0.2 cubic foot, (1 box)
- Collection Number
- MSS KeepOrGreen
- The Keep Oregon Green Association Records consists of minutes and annual, financial, and activities reports assembled by Paul M. Dunn, Dean of the Oregon State College School of Forestry.
Oregon State University Libraries, Special Collections and Archives Research Center
Special Collections and Archives Research Center
121 The Valley Library
Oregon State University
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The Keep Oregon Green Association was founded in 1941 to conduct a statewide fire prevention program of education and information and thereby assist in protecting landowners’ resources. Paul M. Dunn, Dean of the School of Forestry from 1942 to 1955, served on the Board of Trustees and as Chairman of the Executive Committee of Keep Oregon Green. Walter F. McCulloch, his successor as Dean, also served as a member of the association board.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The Keep Oregon Green Association Records consist primarily of meeting minutes and annual, financial, and activities reports. The Records were assembled by Paul M. Dunn, Dean of the Oregon State College School of Forestry, in his role as a member of the Board of Trustees and Chairman of the Executive Committee. The records also include correspondence, lists of contributors and members, radio releases, and brochures. The records document the activities of the organization and provide summary information about the number and size of forest fires in Oregon.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Keep Oregon Green Association Records, Oregon State University Archives, Corvallis, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Forest fires--Oregon--Prevention and control.
- Forest protection--Oregon.
- Forests and forestry--Fire management--Oregon--Societies, etc.
- Dunn, Paul M. (creator)