- Samuel Gompers Centennial Committee
- Samuel Gompers Centennial Committee records
- 2 microfilm reels
- Collection Number
- 4655 (Accession No. 4655-001)
- History of Gomper's career as a labor organizer, stills showing living and working conditions and history of the labor movement in US
University of Washington Libraries, Special Collections
University of Washington Libraries
- Access Restrictions
Access restricted: For terms of access, contact Special Collections.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
"Samuel Gompers - Man of Labor" appears to be a chronological history of Gomper's career as a labor organizer and ends with his death in 1924. Many stills show living and working conditions, meetings, picket lines and labor leaders. Sound for filmstrip is missing
"Labor's Challenge, the story of organized labor in the United States" appears to be a chronological history of the labor movement in the United States from the republic's early years, emphasizing the last two decades of the 1800's, the depression and the New Deal and ending with a statement of goals of organized labor for the future. The sound recording is missing. Extensive use of stills.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Creator's literary rights not transferred to the University of Washington Libraries.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Personal Papers/Corporate Records (University of Washington)
- Samuel Gompers Centennial Committee--Archives