Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Residence Living Department Records, 1966-1978
Overview of the Collection
- Residence Living Department Records
- 1966-1978 (inclusive)19661978
- approximate 8922 items, ( 2 linear feet), ( 2 containers)
- Collection Number
- Archives 110
- The collection is made up almost entirely of correspondence which concerns head resident selection, recruitment of other staff and faculty, program development and review, staff assignments, letters of inquiry concerning applicants, responses to student questions and other letters related to the day-to-day operations of the Residence Living program.
Washington State University Libraries' Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections (MASC)
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections
Terrell Library Suite 12
- Access Restrictions
The Collection is open for research use.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The Office of Residence Living is a branch of the Office of Student Affairs especially directed to administer programs dealing with University residence halls. It employs Head Residents and Resident Assistants who live in the residence halls and provide students with their most immediate source of information about University policy in regards to living arrangements. In conjunction with the Residence Hall Association, Residence Living seeks to ensure that the student's college living experience will be enjoyable and meaningful in terms of both social and academic life.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
The records of Residence Living have been arranged in a single alphabetical subject series, entitled Alphabetical Subject File, 1966-1978. The collection is made up almost entirely of correspondence which concerns head resident selection, recruitment of other staff and faculty, program development and review, staff assignments, letters of inquiry concerning applicants, responses to student questions and other letters related to the day-to-day operations of the Residence Living program. Also included is a relatively small amount (8 folders, 300 items) of budget material containing an annual report, annual review, housing and food service budget items, salary and fund allocation information. All folders have been arranged alphabetically by subject, and within subject groups are filed chronologically.
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Annual Report -- Director of Resident Living , July 1972-June 1973Return to Top
Container(s): Box 1, Folder 1
Annual Review , 1973Return to Top
Container(s): Box 1, Folder 2
Budget: Return to Top
Housing and Food Service
Correspondence: Return to Top
|July 1970-April 1977|
|July 1969-June 1970|
|May 1969-August 1973|
|September 1973-December 1976|
|July 1970-July 1973|
|September 1973-June 1975|
|September 1973-May 1974|
|September 1977-April 1978|
|August 1975-June 1977|