Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Orofino Group Records Records, 1925-1945
- Orofino Group
- Orofino Group Records Records
- 1925-1945 (inclusive)19251945
- 0.20 cubic feet
- Collection Number
- MG324 (collection)
- Alphabetically arranged file concerning the operation of a small lead-silver mine near Murray, in the Summit Mining district, Shoshone County, Idaho.
University of Idaho Library, Special Collections and Archives
Special Collections and Archives
University of Idaho Library
875 Perimeter Drive
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The Orofino Group of mines was located near Murray, Idaho in the Summit Mining District, Shoshone County, Idaho. It consisted of four lode claims, the Banner, Orofino, Great Eastern and Old Slick.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The records of the Orofino Group span the years 1925 to 1945, with the majority of the records covering the years 1925 to 1937. Records consist of an alphabetically arranged file of correspondence concerning the operation of the mine by various leasers.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Series I. Records , 1925-1945Return to Top
A; Assays, Assessment work
American Smelting and Refining Smelter, East Helena, Montana
Bunker Hill Smelter, Kellogg, Idaho
C; Day Henry L.
Keister, Walter, Murray, Idaho
Leasers: Fred Eyster, Ernest Eyster, William Blaine
Leasers: E.T. King, John Maule, L.L. Hutchings
Timber Butte Milling Co.
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Lead mines and mining -- Idaho -- Coeur d'Alene Mining District -- History -- Sources
- Silver mines and mining -- Idaho -- Coeur d'Alene Mining District -- History -- Sources
- Orofino Group