Archives West Finding Aid
Political campaign ephemera,, circa 1948-1968
- Political campaign ephemera,
- circa 1948-1968 (inclusive)circa 19481968
- 1 oversize folder.
- Collection Number
- Accession 25157
- Ephemera and other items relating to political campaigns, primarily in Oregon.
Oregon Historical Society Research Library
1200 SW Park Avenue
- Access Restrictions
This collection is unprocessed. For information contact the reference staff of the Oregon Historical Society Research Library, email: Libreference@ohs.org; telephone: 503-306-5240.
- Conversion of this record was made possible by a grant from the National Historic Publications and Records Commission, an agency of the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Ephemera and other items relating to political campaigns including: one (1) scrapbook of the policies and political career of Thomas E. Dewey, 1948; eight (8) issues of the Oregon Advance Times, vol. 1, no. 38, October 10, 1968, featuring an article on Senator Wayne Morse; one (1) flyer for the "McCarthy Day Rally" in Portland, August 15, 1968; four (4) large fold-out political flyers for the Robert Kennedy primary campaign, 1968; one (1) large fold-out flyer: "George McGovern for President 1972; nine (9) flyers for the Robert Kennedy primary campaign, 1968; three (3) 1968 "Re-elect Wayne Morse Committee" envelopes; various political advertisements and pamphlets for Wayne Morse, John F. Kennedy, Eugene McCarthy, Gladys McCoy, Robert Kennedy, Thomas E. Dewey, Keith Burns, Judge Deitz, John Callahan, and Hubert Humphrey; three (3) posters of Wayne Morse for the 1968 campaign; one (1) booklet for Wayne Morse : "The record of a working senator," 1968; one (1) booklet: "Bobby Kennedy's New York / by Amram Ducovny," 1964; one (1) official ballot stub for precinct no. 8, Empire, Coos County, Oregon, November 2, 1948; thirty (30) bumper stickers for Jesse Jackson, Lyndon Johnson, Hubert Humphrey, Wayne Morse, Neil Goldschmidt, Ira Blalock, John Callahan, James Thomas, "Indian Power," "Custer died for your sins," "Boycott grapes," and Peal.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Elections -- Oregon -- History.
- Elections -- United States -- History.
- Dewey, Thomas E. -- (Thomas Edmund), -- 1902-1971.
- Kennedy, Robert F., -- 1925-1968.
- Morse, Wayne L. -- (Wayne Lyman), -- 1900-1974.
- Oregon -- Politics and government.
Form or Genre Terms
- Printed ephemera. -- aat