Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Clarence H. Sample Papers, 1925-1930
- Clarence H. Sample, d. 1987
- Clarence H. Sample Papers
- 1925-1930 (inclusive)19251930
- 1 cubic foot
- Collection Number
- MG337 (collection)
- Scrapbook of university activities; letters from a girlfriend received while a forest lookout in Montana (1928); and photographs belonging to a University of Idaho student.
University of Idaho Library, Special Collections and Archives
Special Collections and Archives
University of Idaho Library
875 Perimeter Drive
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Clarence H. Sample, of Meridian, Idaho, attended the University of Idaho from 1925 to 1930. He was a member of the Beta Chi fraternity, the Inter-Collegiate Knights,, the Glee club, and the Associated Engineers. He graduated with a B.S. in Chemical Engineering in 1930 and worked for the International Nickel Company. He died in New York State in June of 1987.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The papers consist of a scrapbook with university memorabilia, mainly dance programs, but also including programs for cultural events, invitations, one letter, and printed broadsides. Also included is a series of six letters written to him by Freda between June 27th and July 16th, 1928, while he was a forest lookout in Superior, Montana, and two unidentified photographs.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1/1||University of Idaho scrapbook
|1/2||Letters from Freda
|1/3||Photographs of 2 children
|1/4||Photograph of a mother and child
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- College students -- Idaho -- Moscow -- History -- Sources
- University of Idaho -- Students -- History -- Sources
- Moscow (Idaho) -- Social life and customs -- Sources
- Sample, Clarence H.--Archives.