- University of Montana. Histories Collection
- The University of Montana Histories Collection
- 1895-1993 (inclusive)18951993
- 1.0 linear feet
- Collection Number
- Mss 605
- The collection contains an assortment of histories, in the form of writings and newspaper clippings, about The University of Montana. It appears that some of the histories were written by students in Dean A. L. Stone’s journalism classes during the 1920s. The materials include general historical information about The University of Montana, information about faculty members, presidents, students, student traditions and organizations, departments and schools, buildings, campus landmarks, finances, athletics, and more.
- University of Montana, Mansfield Library, Archives and Special Collections
Archives and Special Collections
Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library
University of Montana
32 Campus Dr. #9936
- Access Restrictions
Researchers must use collection in accordance with the policies of Archives and Special Collections, the Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library, and The University of Montana-Missoula.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Researchers are responsible for using in accordance with 17 U.S.C. and any other applicable statutes.
[Name of document or photograph number], The University of Montana Histories Collection, Archives and Special Collections, Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library, The University of Montana-Missoula.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1/1||"A History of The Alumni Association of The University of Montana," by Edgar H. Reeder||1927|
|1/2||Athletics and Interscholastic||1925 and undated|
|1/4||The University of Montana Biological Station, Flathead Lake||1948-1949 and undated|
|1/7||Buildings and grounds||1929-1956|
|1/8||Paul Dornblaser (includes Dornblaser’s football championship watch fob and pin 1913)||1913-1988|
|2/3||General history||circa 1939|
|2/4||General history clippings||1906-1921|
|2/6||Kappa Kappa Gamma||1982|
|2/12||Organizations and Traditions||1895-1948 and undated|
|2/14||Students - Anti-War Movement||1989-1990|
|2/16||Women’s Residence Halls||1983 and undated|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
Form or Genre Terms