Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Mechanical Engineering Wives' Club Records, 1960-1973
- Mechanical Engineering Wives' Club
- Mechanical Engineering Wives' Club Records
- 1960-1973 (inclusive)19601973
- 1 container., (.5 linear feet of shelf space.), (360 items.)
- Collection Number
- Cage 440
- Minutes, correspondence, financial records, mailing lists, directories, photographs, a scrapbook and other papers of a social club which raised funds for scholarships.
Washington State University Libraries' Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections (MASC)
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections
Terrell Library Suite 12
- Access Restrictions
This collection is open for research use.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The Mechanical Engineering Wives of Washington State University were organized to promote friendliness and unity among the wives of mechanical engineering students. In addition to its social function the club attempted to provide scholarships to mechanical engineering students when funds permitted. The membership was comprised of wives of both graduate and undergraduate engineering students. Initially, the organization was not associated with any national or local group. On February 2, 1961, the club became affiliated with the Auxiliary of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, a national organization. During the 1960s the group sponsored various fund raising events, hosted guest speakers, and performed community services. A highlight of the year's events was the Mothers' Weekend Fashion Show.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The material deals with the 1960-1973 period, but the records bulk largest during the early and middle 1960s
The records reflect many facets of the club's activities. The materials include minutes, correspondence, financial records, mailing lists, directories and information pertaining to special and social events. The contents of a scrapbook, which was compiled during the club's greatest period of activity, is also included in this collection.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
[Item Description]. Cage 440, Mechanical Engineering Wives' Club Records. Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections, Washington State University Libraries, Pullman, WA.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
The Mechanical Engineering Wives Club records are arranged in a single alphabetical subject file.
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
The following section contains a detailed listing of the materials in the collection.
|2||Charter Section Photos
|5||Constitution and By-laws,
|9||Information for ASME
|12||Mechanical Engineers-Majors and
|17||Special and Social Events
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Women -- Societies and clubs--Washington (State)--Pullman
- Mechanical Engineering Wives of Washington State University --Archives (creator)
- Washington State University--Funds and scholarships