Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Puget Sound Marine Station Records, 1908-1910
Overview of the Collection
- Puget Sound Marine Station Records
- 1908-1910 (inclusive)19081910
- approximate 73 items, ( .25 linear feet), ( 1 containers)
- Collection Number
- Archives 119
- Contains correspondence and reports, a collection of photographs from the 1909 summer session, and a chart of the San Juan Islands.
Washington State University Libraries' Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections (MASC)
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections
Terrell Library Suite 12
- Access Restrictions
The Collection is open for research use.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
In 1909 Washington State College participated in a statewide cooperative program in marine biology which set up a station in the San Juans. However, WSC withdrew its participation after one year.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
The records consist of one file of correspondence and reports, arranged chronologically, regarding the location, program and cooperative arrangement of the station. There is also a collection of photographs from the 1909 summer session and a chart of the San Juan Islands.
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1||1||Correspondence, reports and other papers
|1||3||Chart of San Juan Islands.
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Marine laboratories--Washington (State)--San Juan Islands--Research--Archival resources
- Washington State University. Puget Sound Marine Station--Archives (creator)
- Washington State University. Puget Sound Marine Station--Records and correspondence
- San Juan Island (Wash.)--Charts, diagrams, etc.
- San Juan Islands (Wash.)--History--Photographs
- State College of Washington. Puget Sound Marine Station. (creator)