Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Orrin Hatch patriarchal blessing, 1861
- Hatch, Orrin, 1830-1906
- Orrin Hatch patriarchal blessing
- 1861 (inclusive)18611861
- 1 folder, (0.25 linear feet)
- Collection Number
- ACCN 0527
- This collection (1861) contains the patriarchal blessing of Orrin Hatch. Orrin Hatch was a member of the Mormon Battalion, Company C, and marched with them to California in 1846. He moved to Salt Lake City, Utah in 1848 and later settled in Bountiful, Utah. He married Elizabeth Perry in 1855 and Maria Thompson in 1856 and was the father of twenty-one children.
University of Utah Libraries, Special Collections
Special Collections, J. Willard Marriott Library
University of Utah
295 South 1500 East
Salt Lake City, UT
- Access Restrictions
Twenty-four hour advanced notice encouraged. Materials must be used on-site. Access to parts of this collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Orrin Hatch (1830-1906) was a member of the Mormon Battalion, Company C. He was the son of Ira Stearns and Weltha Bradford Hatch. In 1843 the family moved from Farmersville, New York, to Illinois where Orrin was baptized as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church). He marched with the Mormon Battalion in 1846 to California. He moved to Salt Lake City, Utah, in 1848. Although he pioneered Fort Supply, Fort Hall, Carson Valley, and Arizona, he settled in Bountiful. He married Elizabeth Perry in 1855 and Maria Thompson in 1856 and he was the father of twenty-one children.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This collection contains the patriarchal blessing of Orrin Hatch.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
The library does not claim to control copyright for all materials in the collection. An individual depicted in a reproduction has privacy rights as outlined in Title 45 CFR, part 46 (Protection of Human Subjects). For further information, please review the J. Willard Marriott Library’s Use Agreement and Reproduction Request forms.
Collection Name, Collection Number, Box Number, Folder Number. Special Collections, J. Willard Marriott Library, The University of Utah.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Patriarchal blessings (Mormon Church)
- Hatch, Orrin, 1830-1906--Archives