Archives West Finding Aid
UW Ethnomusicology Archives video recordings: Irawati Durban Ardjo (lecture-demo), 1988-04-05
- University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives
- UW Ethnomusicology Archives video recordings: Irawati Durban Ardjo (lecture-demo)
- 1 videotapes : OT - 1 vct (VHS, sp, color); Duration: 1:03:14
- Collection Number
- Recorded in the University of Washington Music Auditorium, April 5, 1988.
University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives
University of Washington
- Access Restrictions
Unrestricted: collection is open for research.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Irawati Durban (1943-) is an artist from Java, Indonesia. He is known for his dance and ballet choreography, which are performed around the world. In 1974, he was a Sudanese dance instructor at the Berkeley Center for World Music. Irawati Durban is also known for his interior design skills. He has created various tapestry designs as well as the interior plans for the Supreme Advisory Council Building in Jakarta.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Full title: Lecture-Demonstration:Irawati Durban Ardjo/dancer
Video recording by Kay Norton for Archives on JVC HR-S20U (Hi-fi stereo)
Performer: Irawati Durban Ardjo from Bandung, West Java, in a lecture-demonstration and performance of Sundanese dance; assisted by Endo Suanda.
See logsheet for description of event.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Video recordings in ethnomusicology
- Seattle (Wash.)
Form or Genre Terms
- Video recordings
- Ardjo, Irawati Durban (performer)