- Feminist Coordinating Council
- Feminist Coordinating Council records
- 1971-1977 (inclusive)19711977
- .63 cubic feet (2 boxes)
- Collection Number
- 2414 (Accession No. 2414-001)
- Records of a Seattle, Washington, organization that consisted primarily of radical Seattle feminist groups.
University of Washington Libraries, Special Collections
University of Washington Libraries
- Access Restrictions
The records are open to all users.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was partially provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The Feminist Coordinating Council was an organization that consisted primarily of radical Seattle feminist groups. One of the issues it advocated was a proposed Seattle ordinance to establish a commission on crimes against women and a protection unit.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The records consist of minutes, agendas, press releases, correspondence, ephemera, membership lists, resolutions, and clippings relating to the council's members, positions, and issues of concern. Individuals represented in the records include Sheila Page Bayne, Lyn Bruner, Carol Riddell, Patricia Kernighan, and Jill M. Schultz.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
The creator's literary rights have not been transferred to the University of Washington Libraries.
Feminist Coordinating Council Records. Special Collections, University of Washington Libraries, Seattle, Washington.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
The collection is arranged by type of document.
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Historical features, 1972Return to Top
Container(s): Box-folder 1/1
By-laws and internal Communications procedures, 1973Return to Top
Container(s): Box-folder 1/2
Incoming lettersReturn to Top
Cooley, George E.
Evans, Daniel J.
Roddis, Richard S. L.
Stark, Sergio Arellano
Tuai, Liem E.
Outgoing letters, 1972-1976, undatedReturn to Top
Container(s): Box-folder 1/ 4-6
Minutes and agenda, 1972-1977Return to Top
Container(s): Box-folder 1/ 7-10
Financial records, 1976Return to Top
Container(s): Box-folder 1/11
News releases, 1974-1976Return to Top
Container(s): Box-folder 1/12
Position statements, 1971-1977Return to Top
Container(s): Box-folder 1/13
Legislation, 1973-1975, undatedReturn to Top
Container(s): Box-folder 1/14
Membership lists, 1973-1974Return to Top
Container(s): Box-folder 1/15
Ephemera, 1974-1975Return to Top
Container(s): Box-folder 1/16
ClippingsReturn to Top
Container(s): Box-folder 2/1
Petition for feminine coordinating ordinance, 1974Return to Top
Container(s): Box-folder 2/2
Subject FilesReturn to Top
Establishment of Women's Commission
Ordinance concerning crimes of violence against women
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Feminism--Washington (State)--Seattle
- Feminists--Washington (State)--Seattle--Societies, etc
- Women--Crimes against
- Women--Legal status, laws, etc.--Washington (State)--Seattle
- Women's rights--Washington (State)--Seattle
- Bayne, Sheila Page
- Bruner, Lyn
- Kernighan, Patricia
- Riddell, Carol
- Schultz, Jill M
- Feminist Coordinating Council--Archives
- Seattle (Wash.)--Politics and government--20th century
Form or Genre Terms
- Bills, legislative
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- financial records
- Press releases
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Personal Papers/Corporate Records (University of Washington)