Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Thomas Edison letter to James W. Galbraith, 1880 January 17
- Edison, Thomas A.(Thomas Alva),1847-1931.
- Thomas Edison letter to James W. Galbraith
- 1880 January 17 (inclusive)1880011718800117
- .02 cubic feet (1 folder)
- Collection Number
- Mss 1500
- Photocopy letter from Thomas Edison, Menlo Park, New Jersey, to James W. Galbraith, Kootenay, British Columbia, 1 p, 17 January 1880, offering Galbraith $2 per ounce for platinum for use in electric lamps.
Oregon Historical Society Research Library
1200 SW Park Avenue
- Access Restrictions
This collection is open to the public.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Photocopy letter from Thomas Edison, Menlo Park, New Jersey, to James W. Galbraith, Kootenay, British Columbia, 1 p, 17 January 1880, offering Galbraith $2 per ounce for platinum for use in electric lamps.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
The Oregon Historical Society is the owner of the materials in the Research Library and makes available reproductions for research, publication, and other uses. Written permission must be obtained from the Research Library prior to any use of reproductions. The Society does not necessarily hold copyright to all the materials in the collections. In some cases, permission for use of reproductions may require seeking additional authorization from the copyright holders.
Thomas Edison letter to James W. Galbraith, Mss 1500, Oregon Historical Society Research Library.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Electric lamps -- 19th century.
- Platinum mines and mining -- British Columbia.
- Edison, Thomas A. -- (Thomas Alva), -- 1847-1931 -- Correspondence.
- Galbraith, James W. -- Correspondence.
Form or Genre Terms
- Letters (correspondence) -- aat