Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Senior Hall Records, 1927-1934
Overview of the Collection
- Senior Hall Records
- 1927-1934 (inclusive)19271934
- approximate 1 items, ( .25 linear feet), ( 1 containers)
- Collection Number
- Archives 178
- Records contain meeting minutes which include the election of officers, finances, activities, social obligations, and reminders to observe the house rules.
Washington State University Libraries' Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections (MASC)
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections
Terrell Library Suite 12
- Access Restrictions
The Collection is open for research use.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Construction of Senior Hall began in 1916 on the corner of Thatuna and Campus Avenue. Although it was built during the First World War as the YMCA building, it was converted to a men's dormitory which housed 62 students in the summer of 1921. The following year it was changed to a women's dormitory. Senior Hall was torn down about 1938.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The records of Senior Hall consist of a single volume of minutes that dates from 1927 to 1930. There are additional loose pages dating from 1933 to 1934. The records contain meeting minutes which include the election of officers, finances, activities, social obligations, and reminders to observe the house rules.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1||2||Minutes of Meetings, Roll Calls, and Finances
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Dormitories--Washington (State)--Pullman--Archives
- Washington State University--Buildings--Archives
- Washington State University. Senior Hall--Archives (creator)
- Washington State University. Senior Hall--Records and correspondence
- State College of Washington. Senior Hall--Archives (creator)