- Seattle (Wash.) Fleets and Facilities Dept.
- Seattle Fleets and Facilities Dept. Capital Programs Digital Photographs
- 2005-2009 (inclusive)
- 1,122 digital image files
- Content depicts capital improvement projects undertaken by the Fleets and Facilities Department.
- Seattle Municipal Archives
Seattle Municipal Archives
Office of the City Clerk
City of Seattle
PO Box 94728
- Access Restrictions
Records are open to the public.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The Fleets and Facilities Department (FFD) manages and maintains municipal real property and facilities, as well as overseeing the City’s vehicle fleet. FFD was created in 2001 in a reorganization of the Executive Services Department, which was itself created from a merger between the Finance Department, the Personnel Department, and the Department of Administrative Services (DAS) in 1997. DAS was created in 1980 with the merger of certain functions of the General Services Department, Building Department, Division of Motor Transportation, and Office of Management and Budget.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Content depicts capital improvement projects undertaken by the Fleets and Facilities Department. Subject matter includes fireboat construction, as well as fire station improvements, renovation, and construction. Also features images of fire station groundbreakings and community celebrations; the fireboat welcome ceremony on Elliot Bay; construction and opening of the Joint Training Facility in West Seattle; City Hall and Justice Center construction; and improvements to other city facilities. Images can be viewed on our digital platform. View 0208-01 online
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
[Item number], Capital Programs Digital Photographs, Record Series 0208-01. Seattle Municipal Archives.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Photographs acquired through the Seattle Municipal Archives Digital Image Management Program.
This series is likely to grow due to continued accessioning through the Digital Image Management Program. This finding aid will be updated to reflect additional accessions.
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Communities--Washington (State)--Seattle
- Construction--Washington (State)--Seattle
- Fireboats--Washington (State)--Seattle
- Neighborhoods--Washington (State)--Seattle
- Seattle (Wash.) Fleets and Facilities Department
- Seattle (Wash.)