Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Donald D. Phelps Collection, 1992
- Donald D. Phelps
- Donald D. Phelps Collection
- 1992 (inclusive)19921992
- 0.02 linear feet (one folder)
- Collection Number
- SHL021 (collection)
- The collection consists of an unbound, unpublished memoir covering the period 1917-1992. Donald D. Phelps was born in Nebrasks in 1916, moved to Klamath Falls, Oregon in 1928 and spent the rest of his life, except for military service during World War II, in Klamath County, Oregon.
Oregon Institute of Technology Libraries, Shaw Historical Library
Oregon Institute of Technology Libraries
3201 Campus Drive
Klamath Falls, OR
- Access Restrictions
The collection is open for research use.
- Support for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the Oregon Cultural Trust.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Donald D. Phelps was born in Cherry County, Nebraska on March 2, 1916 to Guy Wesley Phelps and Nettie Dale Phelps. His family farmed in Nebraska and in 1928 moved to Klamath Falls, Oregon. He married Viola Johnson in 1939. He worked in construction and later for Weyerhauser Timber Company for many years. He was noted for his musical skills with the saxaphone and his volunteer work. He died on May 4, 2000.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection consists of an unbound, unpublished memoir covering the period 1917-1992.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Before materials from the Shaw Historical Library may be quoted in print or otherwise reproduced in whole or in part in any publication, exhibit, broadcast or other manner, the user must obtain permission from the owner of the physical property and the holder of the copyright. Copyright status for collections in the Shaw Historical Library varies. Reproduction of any item must contain a complete citation to the original. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.
[item identification], Donald D. Phelps Collection, The Shaw Historical Library, Oregon Institute of Technology, Klamath Falls, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Donald D. Phelps--Archives