Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Kessack Duke White papers, 1911-1958
- White, Kessack Duke
- Kessack Duke White papers
- 1911-1958 (inclusive)19111958
- 4.05 cubic feet (9 boxes)
- Collection Number
American Heritage Center, University of Wyoming
American Heritage Center
University of Wyoming
1000 E. University Ave.
- Access Restrictions
There are no access restrictions on the materials for research purposes, and the collection is open to the public.
- Additional Reference Guides
Finding aid available in repository.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Kessack D. White (b. 1887), a geologist, did structural mapping and petroleum exploration in Kentucky, Illinois, Venezuela, Turkey, Colombia, Mexico and Angola from 1909-1921. He worked for Standard Oil Company (New Jersey) from 1922-1949, mostly in foreign exploration in South America, Europe, and the Middle East. White was a consultant for Continental Oil Company exploration activities from 1951-1957, working chiefly in the Rocky Mountain region.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Collection includes field notes, maps, diaries, photographs, negatives, and correspondence all related to petroleum exploration and structural mapping activities (1911-1935, 1943-1958). White's records from 1936-1942 related to activities in Europe and the Middle East were destroyed in transit back to the United States during World War II.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
The researcher assumes full responsibility for observing all copyright, property, and libel laws as they apply.
Item Description, Box Number, Folder Number, Collection Name, Collection Number, American Heritage Center, University of Wyoming.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Geological mapping -- Illinois.
- Geological mapping -- Kentucky.
- Petroleum -- Prospecting -- Angola.
- Petroleum -- Prospecting -- Argentina.
- Petroleum -- Prospecting -- Bolivia.
- Petroleum -- Prospecting -- Brazil.
- Petroleum -- Prospecting -- Chile.
- Petroleum -- Prospecting -- Colombia.
- Petroleum -- Prospecting -- Colorado.
- Petroleum -- Prospecting -- Mexico.
- Petroleum -- Prospecting -- Montana.
- Petroleum -- Prospecting -- Turkey.
- Petroleum -- Prospecting -- United States.
- Petroleum -- Prospecting -- Utah.
- Petroleum -- Prospecting -- Venezuela.
- Petroleum -- Prospecting -- West (U.S.)
- Petroleum -- Prospecting -- Wyoming.
- Continental Oil Company.
- Standard Oil Company of New Jersey.
Form or Genre Terms
- Cross sections.
- Field notes.
- Technical reports.
- Petroleum geologists.