- Barnes, Donald M.
- Donald M. Barnes Collection
- 1911-1965 (inclusive)19111965
- 0.25 linear feet
- Collection Number
- SPC 995-0387 (collection)
- A collection of books, pamphlets, and newspaper clippings about the Industrial Workers of the World (IWW), collected by Donald M. Barnes, a professor of history at Eastern Washington University (EWU).
- Eastern Washington University
Archives and Special Collections
Archives & Special Collections
Eastern Washington University Libraries
320 Media Lane - 100 LIB
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The Industrial Workers of the World (IWW) was organized in Chicago in June 1905. The IWW promoted industrial unionism and abolition of the capitalist system. Violent political action and strikes were associated with the IWW, especially in the Pacific Northwest.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The materials in the collection consist of research notes and materials collected by Donald M. Barnes during work on his dissertation. Dr. Barnes was a member of the EWU History Dept. from 1966 until 1995. The collection also includes pamphlets, newspaper clippings, and ephemera.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Use of this collection is subject to the rules concerning access to archival and manuscript collections at Eastern Washington University. For more information, see: http://www.ewu.edu/Library/Services/Archives.xml
Copyright restrictions may apply. For more information or permission to publish, contact Eastern Washington University Libraries, Archives & Special Collections at (509) 359-2475, or email@example.com
Donald M. Barnes Collection; SPC 995-0387; box number; folder number; Archives & Special Collections, Eastern Washington University.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Anarchism--United States
- Socialism--United States
- Working class--Political activity--Washington (State)
- Barnes, Donald M. (creator)
- Chaplin, Ralph, 1887-1961
- Flynn, Elizabeth Gurley
- Perry, Grover H.
- Industrial Workers of the World
Form or Genre Terms
- clippings (information artifacts)
- research notes
- Industrial Workers of the World (creator)