- University of Oregon; Oregon High School Debating League
- High School Debating League records
- 1910-1924 (inclusive)19101924
- 0.5 linear feet, (1 container)
- Collection Number
- UA 175
- The High School Debating League was started by the Oregon Teacher Association and the University of Oregon contributed by publishing the Debating News newsletter, scheduling, and hosting the championship debate. The collection includes correspondence, programs, copies of the Debating News, and meeting minutes, 1910-1924.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
1299 University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
- Additional Reference Guides
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The High School Debating League was started by the Oregon Teacher Association. The University of Oregon contributed by publishing the Debating News newsletter and scheduling and hosting the championship debate. The University of Oregon's President also served on the league committee.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Collection is organized by accession and includes the following material:
As of 2012 there is only one accession:
Accession 11389.A: Correspondence, programs, copies of Debating News, and meeting minutes, 1910-1924.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|Guide to the High School Debating League Records|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Debates and debating--Oregon
- Education, Higher--Oregon--Eugene
- High school students--Oregon
Form or Genre Terms