Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
William C. Ruegnitz papers, 1906-1944
Overview of the Collection
- Ruegnitz, William C.
- William C. Ruegnitz papers
- 1906-1944 (inclusive)19061944
- 1.68 cubic feet (5 boxes)
- Collection Number
- Forester, labor organization leader
University of Washington Libraries, Special Collections
University of Washington Libraries
- Access Restrictions
No restrictions on access.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Ruegnitz was a forester and a labor organization leader. He served as Western representative for Bates & Rogers Construction Company, 1903 to 1915; secretary and manager of the Loyal Legion of Loggers & Lumbermen, 1921 to 1926; president of the Loyal Legion of Loggers & Lumbermen, 1926 to 1936; and secretary and manager of Columbia Basin Sawmills and Columbia Basin Loggers from 1937 onward.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Correspondence, business records, a notebook, and other material relating to the construction and lumber industries, including the activities of labor unions in the lumber industry.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Restrictions on Use
Creator's literary rights not transferred to the University of Washington Libraries.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Arranged in 2 accessions:
- Accession No. 4205-001, William C. Ruegnitz papers, 1917-1944
- Accession No. 4205-002, William C. Ruegnitz notebook, 1906-1915
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Accession No. 4205-001: William C. Ruegnitz papers, 1917-1944Return to Top
Restrictions on Access: No restrictions on access.
Scope and Content: Correspondence, some printed material, and business records, all reflecting Ruegnitz's interest in labor relations in the Northwest lumber industry. His activities as an officer of lumbermen associations and a sawmill are also documented.
Digital Content/Other Formats: View selections from this collection in digital format.
William C. Ruegnitz papers
Accession No. 4205-002: William C. Ruegnitz notebook, 1906-1915Return to Top
Acquisition Info: Source: Robert Hansen, June 2008.
Restrictions on Access: Open to all users.
Scope and Content: This personal notebook belonging to W. C. Ruegnitz contains bids and other materials, such as notes for construction projects in Washington, Oregon, Montana, Idaho, and Canado on behalf of Bates & Rogers Construction Company (based in Chicago, Illinios). The bids include details about the locations (highlights include the Fremont Avenue Bridge and projects for the Great Northern Railway Company and Northern Pacific Railway Company), lists of materials and their estimated cost.
William C. Ruegnitz notebook
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Foresters--Washington (State)--Archives
- Labor leaders--Washington (State)--Archives
- Labor movement--Washington (State)
- Labor unions--Washington (State)
- Labor--Washington (State)
- Lumber trade--Washington (State)
- Lumbermen--Labor unions--Washington (State)
- Personal Papers/Corporate Records (University of Washington)
- Ruegnitz, William C.--Archives
- Loyal Legion of Loggers and Lumbermen
- St. Paul & Tacoma Lumber Company (creator)
- Weyerhaeuser Timber Company (creator)