Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Star Hardware and Implement Company Records, 1914-1931
- Star Hardware and Implement Company, Craigmont, Idaho
- Star Hardware and Implement Company Records
- 1914-1931 (inclusive)19141931
- 1 c.f.
- Collection Number
- MG014 (collection)
- Record book containing minutes of directors' and stockholders' meetings; correspondence relative to closing accounts before selling the company; mortgages, liens, and other financial items of the Ilo (later Craigmont), Idaho hardware store.
University of Idaho Library, Special Collections and Archives
Special Collections and Archives
University of Idaho Library
875 Perimeter Drive
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The first meeting of the directors of the Star Hardware and Implement Company was held in Craigmont (then named Ilo,) Idaho, on March 18, 1914. Charles Giles was elected president, John A. Collins, vice-president, and Clyde E. Clovis, secretary and treasurer. From the minutes of this meeting it appears that the Star company had recently purchased the Ilo Hardware and Implement Company. In January 1930 the Star company was purchased by Craigmont Hardware Company.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The Record Book contains the minutes of all stockholders' and directors' meetings as well as records of dividends paid by the company. The correspondence concerns the closing of accounts prior to the sale of the company in 1930. There are also promissory notes, mortgages and other financial material.
Sales slips, invoices, and bills of lading, all generated by the Ilo Hardware Company were discarded.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1/7||Mortgages and Liens
|1/8||Financial - Statements, Taxes
|1/9||Financial - Promissory notes
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Hardware stores--Idaho--Craigmont
- Star Hardware & Implement Company