- Oregon State Board of Higher Education; Oregon State System of Higher Education
- University of Oregon Board of Regents minutes
- 1876-1963 (inclusive)18761963
- 3 linear feet, (13 containers) : 1 manuscript box, 12 volumes
- Collection Number
- UA 023
- In 1876, by an Act of the Oregon Legislature, the University of Oregon Board of Regents was vested with governance of the University of Oregon; a role that lasted until 1929. The collection includes meetings minutes, correspondence and memos of the Regents from 1879-1929.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
1299 University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Permanent University Archive public records are available for research, and are subject to state, and in some cases federal freedom of information laws. In compliance with applicable state and federal laws, including, but not limited to, FERPA and HIPAA, specific records that are legally protected, sensitive, private, or confidential are exempt (not subject to disclosure) and closed to protect individual privacy. Access to paper records will be granted after a professional review of the records occurs based on regulations in state and federal laws. Contact Special Collections and University Archives well in advance in order to access these records.
- Additional Reference Guides
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The University of Oregon was created by an act of the Oregon Legislature in 1872. In 1876, the Legislature passed an act to "Provide for the Support and Government of the University of Oregon." Section 2 of that act vested the government of the University in a nine-person Board of Regents. In 1929, the Legislature established the State Department of Higher Education and invested it with the power previously held by the individual Boards of Regents at all Oregon universities. Some of the functions of the Board may have continued on within the Board of Directors and the Board of Trustees, whose minutes, correspondence and memos of 1938-1963 are also included.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The University of Oregon Board of Regents minutes collection, 1876-1963, consists of hand-written and typed meetings minutes, correspondence and memos of the Board of Regents, the executive committee, the Board of Trustees and the Board of Directors. An index to the Board of Regents minutes is included and is organized alphabetically.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Education, Higher--Oregon--Eugene
- Universities and colleges--Oregon--Eugene
- Oregon State Board of Higher Education--Records and correspondence
- Oregon State System of Higher Education--Records and correspondence
- University of Oregon
Form or Genre Terms